Current creationist research projects include:
- A comprehensive "model" to show how the dynamics of Noah's flood led to the formation of the "geologic column" (the fossil record) and the breakup of the supercontinent through catastrophic plate tectonics.
- "Intelligent design" theory (i.e., the apparent design of the universe, earth, and living things requires a designer) is being promoted by people like Phillip Johnson ("Darwin on Trial"), Michael Behe (Darwin's Black Box"), and Hugh Ross ("The Fingerprint of God"). However, these people are not "young earth" creationists.
- The Russ Humphrey's book "Starlight and Time" is an attempt at defining a creationist "cosmogony" (how the universe was formed).
- Radiometric dating provides the strongest supposed evidence that the earth and universe are old. Creationists are now starting to address this issue with a team of scientists coordinated by ICR starting in July 1997.
- One of the basic tenets of creationism is that God created each "kind" separately. Yet, we have no comprehensive list of what these kinds were.
- Popular drawings of Noah's Ark show it having a box shape. A more accurate representation of the design of the ark is being done by a group which includes professional ship building expertise.
Go to Creation Science home page